QuickLoans.co.uk decided to conduct a study of our customers and the reasons behind the need to apply for a loan our on this site. However we didn't ask those who were currently applying, because we felt that they would give answers that we wanted to hear in order to be approved for the loan. So we decided to go back and contact those that applied for a loan this time last year, we felt they may give more honest answers.
What we found startled even us, and it showed you can't trust the reasons applicants give you when applying. Here is a list of 20 of the strangest answers that we received.
1. New iPhone 4s
2. A loan to pay for bankruptcy court costs
3. Supercharging their car
4. To buy Bitcoins
5. To pay off a friends high interest payday loan
6. Gender reassignment procedure
7. Buy a collection of antique Glass Eyes
8. Purchasing Stars Wars memorabilia
9. Take out a new partner for a meal
10. Gambling, betting on "sure thing" tip
11. Paying for cup final tickets and travel
12. New tattoo
13. Invest in Gold Bars
14. Cosmetic Surgery
15. Buy domain names
16. Pay a taxidermist to stuff a pet
17. Pay court fines
18. Buy recreational drugs
19. Installing a new hot tub
20. Pay for the funeral of a loved one
Out of the above reasons, we find the loan for bankruptcy court fees the most amusing. As clearly as the lender wouldn't have got that money back, the irony of it!
Of course the most common reasons were the standard answers of Rent, New Car, Energy bills, but the answers above show that some people have different priorities when applying for a loan and that some of them are quite amusing.